Top Digs ~ 13 Lodging Picks for 2010
Dec. 17, 2010
Annually we share our list of top lodging picks for the year. These are
properties that we have personally stayed at, not just places we have
read about or spent time getting the PR tour of.
When we recommend a property to WJ readers, you can bet that we
came away from our stay raving about the experience. If we truly
enjoyed our stay, and found it to be top notch in its category (we're
listing everything from B&Bs to Relais & Chateaux properties), you'll find it
included in WJ's Top Digs Picks.
Make sure to add these wonderful and unique places to your own list of
places to stay in the future.
PS. Giving an overnight (or two) at any of these lodgings makes a great
Note: Properties are not listed in any particular order.
1. Triple Creek Ranch - Darby, Montana, USA.
2. Sonora Resort - British Columbia, Canada.
3. Fitzwilliam Hotel - Dublin, Ireland.
4. Hotel Bellwether - Bellingham, Washington, USA.
5. The Wickaninnish Inn - Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
6. Ballynahinch Castle - Connemara, Ireland.
7. Hotel Adagio - San Francisco, California, USA.
8. O'Brien's Cashel Lodge - Cashel, Ireland.
9. Peppermill Tuscany Towers - Reno, Nevada, USA.
10. Pinnacle at the Pier - North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
11. Huntington Hotel - Nob Hill, San Francisco, California, USA.
12. Arbutus Hotel - Killarney, Ireland.
13. Castlewood Guest House - Dingle, Ireland.
Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier
In WJ's opinion, the 4-star Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier in North
Vancouver, BC offers the best views of downtown Vancouver and the
As The Pinnacle only opened in January 2010 (just in time for the
Vancouver Winter Olympics), it is one of Vancouver's newest and most
modern hotels. Sleek lines and soothing muted colors of mauve and
brown accentuate the furnishings.
Pinnacles's location is perfect for exploring the North Shore at anytime of
the year and a quick 12-minute SeaBus ride will whisk guests across the
harbor to downtown Vancouver.
PS. WJ stayed in a harborview room and suggests you do the same for
fabulous views of downtown and the city lights at night.