Important Note to Users of Norton Internet Security Products
Norton Internet Security Products
To disable Browser Privacy:
- In the main Norton Internet Security window, double-click Privacy Control.
- In the Privacy Control window, in the Privacy Control settings drop-down list, select the account that you want to change.
- Click on Custom Level.
- In the Customize Privacy Settings dialog box, uncheck Enable Browser Privacy.
- Click the OK button.
- If you are using Norton Internet Security 2004 or Norton Personal Firewall 2004, you may not have access to these controls, and therefore may not be able to prevent Norton from blocking scripts in Web pages. If that is the case, you should consider upgrading to a newer version of Norton security software, or you may contact Norton directly for more assistance.
Note: Please be aware that we have been told by Norton customer support personnel that they no longer support older versions of their security software (including Norton Internet Security 2004 and Norton Personal Firewall 2004), which may be even more reason to consider upgrading to a newew release that is adequately supported.
For more information, please refer to the following links:
- Cannot see all of a Web page when Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall is installed — Look for a Web rule that may be blocking scripts
- Creating a rule to override Ad Blocking — how to correct the problem without totally disabling “Ad Blocking”
- Bug busting: Getting Rid of Spyware — information about spyware (including how to get rid of it) from Microsoft